Belle Meade School, a small independent school (pre-K to 12th grade) in the foothills of the Blue Ridge mountains, seeks a Head of School / teacher.
The Head of School is responsible for implementation of the school’s mission in accordance with the school board’s policies and in collaboration with the faculty, staff, parents, and students. The Head of School has ultimate responsibility for the management of the upper and lower schools, including board relations, curriculum and instruction, student life, administration, admissions and financial aid, operations and facilities, fundraising, accreditation, and community interactions.
The position also includes teaching classes either in the area of math and science or in English, history, and social science.
A school in the Montessori tradition, Belle Meade expects its teachers to “follow the child” while providing high-quality, engaging lessons. The school is located on a working farm and teachers also supervise and participate in farm and school chores, including weekly community work afternoons.
Requirements and preferred qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree, master’s or MBA preferred
- Successful management experience
- Strong leadership skills
- Age-specific teaching experience, experiential teaching experience preferred
- Intellectual curiosity
- Enthusiasm for outdoor activities
- Sense of humor and joie de vivre
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral
- Commitment to the mission and vision of the school
Salary range $60,000 to $65,000